Monday, February 9, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter

For Christmas, my mom gave me the classic "baby-with-the-arrow-pointing-down" tee-shirt. It's the 2009 version of the 70's tee she had when she was pregnant with my brothers and me. I thought it would be interesting to compare bellies (and hair-do's). So here we are side-by-side in our "Baby" tees--my mom 5 days before I was born, and who knows how many days before Baby Clark...






In healthcare news...we had an OB appointment today. Good news: Baby Clark is doing well, heart rate is ~150, he/she is in position for birth, I'm dilated to a 1-2, and my cervix is thinning. Bad news: my blood pressure was high again (138/96). So, I have to check it at home and work and go back on Wednesday afternoon for another appointment/BP check. If it stays high, I'll probably have to go on bed rest until Baby Clark arrives. And I'm officially retiring my running shoes until an unknown post-partum time :( I suppose there are worse things in life...we really are quite blessed to have had such a great pregnancy.

Who knows...maybe our next post will be to report Baby Clark's arrival? Stay tuned!

0 comments: