Sunday, October 18, 2009

Eat Our Dust!

We did it! Post-baby goal accomplished. It was a very chilly start to the morning, but Brad and I both did very well in the GR Half Marathon this morning. Brad finished 13th overall and second in his age group with a time of 1:23:50. I achieved both of my goals: 1. Just finish the race and 2. my secret personal goal of finishing in under 2 hours. My time was 1:58:35. I must say, I'm very happy with that.

Here we all are early this AM pre-race. Grandma Mary and Grandpa Fred were gracious enough to watch Gavin and then came downtown in time to watch us finish the race (after it warmed up a bit).



And here's Brad enjoying some post-race Culver's custard before I finished. Nothing like frozen custard when it is 30 degrees outside! I saved mine to eat tonight...it's calling my name from the freezer as I type away.

Again, I hate pictures of myself running, but here I am just in front of the finish line. I was fortunate enough to actually see and hear my cheering crowd, so I smiled for the camera.

And finally, the post-race pic. What a great feeling of accomplishment!

And now I will be taking a one week hiatus from running...ahhhhh!

0 comments: